Head trauma from a car accident can often result in traumatic brain injury, also known as TBI. People who are in auto accidents in Jeffersonville need to see a doctor right away. Car accidents are one of the leading causes of TBI.
If you are in a car accident and think that you may have a TBI, you need to head to the emergency room right away. Medical diagnosis and evaluation is critical and should be done soon after your injury. If you have been diagnosed with whiplash after a car accident in New Albany and are having any of the below symptoms see your doctor.
- Double vision, blurred vision, or blindness
- Slow or slurred speech
- Loss of taste or smell
- A feeling that you just want to go to sleep
- Memory loss
- Problems keeping your balance
- Seizures, no matter how mild or what kind
- Severe headaches
- Forgetting to complete tasks after they are started
- Easy to anger or depressed
- Behavior that is impulsive
- You can’t do more than one thing at a time without getting confused
- Muscle spasms
These are all signs that something is wrong, so make sure to get to the emergency room right away. If you are seeing any of these symptoms in yourself or a loved one after a car accident, then you need to be seen by your doctor. Once you have been diagnosed with a TBI, contact your lawyer for more information about a personal injury lawsuit.